Even in modern days, when electronics are so advanced, many business companies and even government agencies have hard-copy paper documents that are filed and stored and take too much space. Many companies don’t know how to solve this problem. The solution however, is quite simple and is offered by companies that specialize in secure document storage – for both physical and digital documents.
As a businessman, you understand the vital importance that all your documents are properly stored, aligned, safe and easily accessible. Storage companies provide precisely all of the aforementioned, and more! They provide storage solutions that are designed specifically for businesses, ones that can solve all the challenges your business is facing in that regard. Not only will this free up more space for display and other purposes, it is also very cost-effective and practical for storing goods off-site. Storing documents needs to be carefully considered as some outside factors such as light, temperature and humidity can directly harm paper. Moist and warm air can cause mold spores to sprout on paper. Light can also cause ink to fade. Here are a few tips for document storage to ensure all your documents are kept intact.
- Store important documents that you need access to regularly in the front of the unit. This will make sure you avoid digging for them and it will save you a lot of time.
- Ensure your items are dry before they go into the unit, so the entire unit stays dry. Mildew grows quickly and causes permanent damage, thus the best precaution to take is to ensure the items are dry from the start in order to avoid damage.
- Limit access and have secure locks. Many documents are confidential and need to stay private. Make sure the storage facility is properly secured and has video surveillance.
- Label boxes clearly. This will allow you to find documents easily so you don’t have to go box after box for a specific document.
- Organize boxes by date and record. Just do it, you won’t regret this.
Some companies offer complete document destruction in a moment’s notice, that can be done both on site or in their facilities. This process will involve many security codes and entire procedures can be set up before the destruction in order to authorize the company do destroy a certain file. On top of that, you will only have to pay for the amount of units you are using, which makes this solution cost-efficient and very convenient for all businesses.